In this Article USC Social Work Scholarships, Among the top approved graduate social work schools in the US is the USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. The institution, a pioneer in experiential education, online learning, and translational research, equips students for leadership positions in public and private organizations that assist underprivileged individuals, families, and communities. USC is committed to advancing knowledge, rethinking the profession, and transforming social institutions on a local, national, and international scale. Utilizing technology in social work education, clinical practice, research, and community development, the school has made innovation a distinguishing characteristic of its academic and research business. This is proven by the development of a cutting-edge online platform for distant learning, virtual tutors for graduate-level instruction, and an academic clinic that provides online mental health treatments.
The USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work offers scholarship resources in addition to loan programs run by the USC Financial Aid Office. New students are given scholarships based on their admissions application and the VAC Scholarship Application. Throughout their time in the program, continuing students will get information about scholarship options.
USC Social Work Scholarships,Tuition and Financial Aid
You’ll be better prepared for success in the program and as a social worker if you create a strategy to pay for your education. A summary of the cost of tuition, available financial aid programs, and contact information are provided on this page. For additional information, get in touch with Scholarship Programs and Financial Aid.
Expectations: The USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work provides more than $3 million in annual scholarships to entering on-ground MSW students that they do not have to repay because to the generosity of our benefactors and the Dean’s assistance. Over 95% of new on-ground MSW students were awarded a scholarship by the university. The majority of students utilize a combination of scholarships, loans, and personal savings to pay for their education because scholarships do not fully cover the cost of tuition. Please keep in mind that scholarships are never promised and that money is constrained.
Each semester, tuition and fees are assessed to enrolled students. The amount of units you are enrolled in determines how much tuition you will pay each semester. Each year, tuition and fees are subject to change, and they typically rise
USC Social Work Scholarships,2021-2022 Tuition and Academic Rates,Over $119,700
For one semester for the school year 2021–2022, the cost is:
- $29,630 for college students taking 15 to 18 units.
- Students taking one to fourteen units pay $1,995 per unit.
For each program, the projected total tuition* is listed below:
- Traditional 4-Semester MSW Program: $115,120
- MSW Program for 6 Semesters: $119,700
- Advanced Standing Program for 3 Semesters: $73,212
* depending on the tuition rate in 2021–2022.
USC Social Work Scholarships,Admission Requirements
All MSW programs have academic prerequisites:
- A bachelor’s degree from a college or university with regional accreditation.
- 3.0 cumulative GPA is the minimum (Based out of a 4.0 grading scale)
- a minimum of 18 units in the liberal arts, including courses in the humanities (such as Anthropology, Communication Studies, and Cultural Studies), the social sciences (such as Sociology, Psychology, and Political Science), the biological sciences (such as Biology, Zoology, and Ecology), and the natural sciences (E.g. Astronomy, physics, chemistry).
NOTE: that GRE results are not required or considered.
Other Conditions for All MSW Programs:
- Dedication to the Profession: Possibility of professional competence, intense interest and motivation, and dedication to social work values like respect for cultural and racial diversity, conviction in the freedom and dignity of every person, advocacy for social justice and equal access to resources, and institutional responsiveness to social change and human needs.
- Personal qualities include professionalism, relationship sensitivity and responsiveness, self-awareness, care for others’ needs, the capacity for abstract reasoning, conceptual thinking, and effective communication.
- Experience: Preferably working with individuals (1-2 years of social work-related or volunteer experience).
Candidates for Advanced Standing MSW must meet specific requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or social welfare from a social work program approved by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- BSW degree obtained in the previous five years.
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA or above in undergraduate studies.
- All social work courses must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
USC Social Work Scholarships,Application Instructions
Utilize a single online application portal to apply to both the University of Southern California and the USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work: Form for Graduate Admission
Contact USC Application Customer Service at 857-304-2092 or firstname.lastname@example.org for technical assistance with the online application portal (e.g., trouble signing in, how to submit documents, how to get letters of reference).
When you submit your application, you must pay a $90 non-refundable application fee through the online application portal.
Fee waivers: To those students who meet the requirements, the Office of Graduate Admissions waives a small number of application fees. Request for Application Fee Waiver Instructions
The USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work will waive the application price for City Year alumni: City Year Application Fee Waiver Instructions.
USC Social Work Scholarships,Cost $15,000
Up to $15,000 in Master of Social Work scholarships and at least five $3,750 per semester MSW scholarships are offered by City Year and the USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work to City Year AmeriCorps members, alumni, or staff.
Qualifications & Related Information
- For beneficiaries of the scholarship who are enrolled full-time in the on-campus or online Master of Social Work program at USC, $15,000 of the scholarship will be used to cover tuition costs.
- In the second year of the program, the scholarship is renewable for a minimum total scholarship amount of $30,000.
- Accepted City Year applicants who do not receive the $15K grant will be given consideration for the $3,750 per semester City Year Service Scholarship. Beginning with the third semester, awards will be given to part-time students.
- Both City Year personnel and alumni must have worked with the organization for a minimum of one year.
- If accepted students choose to spend more time volunteering with City Year before beginning the graduate program, they may postpone enrollment for one year.
- Applicants’ chances of receiving additional merit-based prizes depend on how strong their applications are.
How to Apply
Process for Domestic Students to Apply for MSW
Please be aware that all applications must be submitted by the specified deadline, including any extra materials.
employed professionals (7 Semesters)
beginning in the spring of 2023.
- Application deadline: October 3, 2022, Monday
Notification of decision: December 1, 2022
Working professionals and traditional students (4 semesters) (7 Semester)
Starting in the Fall of 2023.
- First Deadline: January 23, 2023, Monday
Notification of decision: April 1, 2023
- Final Day: April 3, 2023, Monday
Notification of decision: June 1, 2023
Starting in the Fall of 2023.
- Application deadline is December 5, 2022, on Monday
Until no later than February 27, 2023, for decision notification